This recipe was my grandmothers, she would make these cupcakes every year for my birthday. She actually used to keep multiple cooked batches of these cupcakes in Tupperware in the freezer, now I actually crave the taste of defrosted cupcakes rather than fresh out the oven, crazy right!
This recipe makes 10 regular sized cupcakes.
What you’ll need
- 115grams butter brought to room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs brought to room temperature
- 170grams self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degress *fanforced
- Cream butter and sugar together until silky
- Add eggs one at a time, combining mixture after each egg is added
- Sift in self raising flour gradually, beating the mixture as you go until fully combined and a silky consistency is achieved
- Fold in the vanilla essence
- Place approx. 1.5 tablespoons mixture into each patty pan
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden and springy upon touch
Let cakes cool on a wire rack fully before decorating.